Pizza Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Plate

Hi Everyone, I have been following the forum of forno bravo for quiet some times as I'm building a pizzeria/cafe in Oakland, I thank you for all the tips I have been reading on this wonderful forum and hope that soon I will be able to share some of my experiences with my oven with you.
    my question is where can we find affordable pizza plates to use in a restaurant the pizzas being 12" diameter? I found some woodweaving plates 14" diameter at $1 per plate, but I feel that the use of resine and the plate getting dirty rather rapidly are not "organic" enough to go with pizza, I have the same for the aluminum pizza plate the idea of aluminium in my food is not really enjoyable, I might be picky and will fall back on one of these if I cannot find better choices.
    I welcome ideas and recommendation, thank you.
    legoinfre.

Re: Pizza Plate

Have you looked in to the brand called vertex and front of house?

Comment

just did Thank you, they unfortunately do not have any bigger than 12" in diameter

Comment

What about using wooden cutting boards. Has the advantage of being rustic and tough while allowing cutting? Perhaps use a bigger one for delivering the pizza and smaller, thinner ones as plates?

Comment

I don't think wooden cutting boards are going to get past the board of health, since every serving dish that goes to the customer table has to be high temp dishwashed on the way back. How about corrugated cardboard circles? I think I've seen those used at classy pizza places.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

what about Fiesta Ware plates? There not that cheep but there tough as h*** Coated ceramic and very durable. This is what they use at my sons university cafeteria. I use it at home
            sigpic

Comment

wood is tough in the commercial kitchen. It doesnt hold up that well. The vertex plates and the Front of House plates you can cut right on and it will not damage or leave marks in the plate. Just make sure you are using a high quality wheel you can re-sharpen.

Comment

Working...
              X