Cooking thicker pizzas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cooking thicker pizzas

Looking forward to your report about your trip. What Cooking school are you attending for a week? Sounds like so much fun.

Your taking an international trip I may be taking a national trip.

I may end up in Nashville TN next week. So I need to start looking at what trouble I can get myself into there.

Me thinks you will have a better time in Italy.

Comment

Hi Faith!

You will probably enjoy your flight more than I! I don't like marathon flight days! OTOH, you are probably right about the destination (but I haven't been to Nashville either and it is on our "long weekend" list to visit!).

The "school" is taught by the chef/owner of Cooper's Cove B&B in Sooke, BC on Vancouver Island (Angelo Prosperi-Porta who is fabulous and with whom my wife and I have done classes at the B&B). The venue is a 1000 acre wine and olive estate near Lucca named Abbodanza. Abbodanza hosts all sorts of events on food, photography, etc. Price is pretty good and the approach is basically morning/day trips to markets and food prep in the afternoon with a big group dinner. Total of ten people plus Angelo and his wife.

Coopers Cove - Sooke Bed and Breakfast near Victoria Vancouver Island British Columbia Canada
      Abbodanza - Abbondanza Toscana - Italian cooking courses and wine tours in Tuscany, Italy

My favorite pizziaolo has asked me to ask EVERYONE what they do to get the most out of products - from parmesan and prosciutto nubs to old pizza dough. (Example, making grissini out of old pizza dough). So I have a purpose.

The estate has a WFO and pizziaolo and he loves to have visitors make "odd" pies. I am going to do a deconstructed honey chipotle BBQ pizza using shredded beef (basically pot roast), deconstructed honey chipotle BBQ sauce (into two sauces with different orientations, one sweeter, one spicier), provolone, and southwestern cabbage slaw (added after it comes out of the oven). I have been working on this for a while and it is a very interesting pizza and the sauces are IMO a lot trickier to do well than I thought they would be.

Way off topic...I probably should have moved it to some other section!
      Jay

Comment

I usually cook deep dish pizzas the following day for brunch.

We usually have plenty of dough and ingredients left over.

So I oil a cake pan, add the dough, and pile on the cheese and toppings.

Works great!
        My thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
        My costs:
        http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
        My pics:
        http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Working...
        X