X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les
    replied
    Re: Cooking Schools Listing on FB.com

I did Bill - looks great, just to far away to attend. I thought I had all the info in one thread - apparently not. On "Les' build" page 3, link 230 are a few more pic's. There was a couple there from the N. mid west and they didn't even have an oven yet. I plugged Forno Bravo to everyone I talked to - James I need to be on commission.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• BurntFingers
    replied

Great pic's Les.
    Hope you checked out the Stone Turtle site.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

I must of missed your original post James (or forgot to reply). Ramekins in the wine country - they use a Forno Bravo oven I have a thread of the time there and what was cooked. It was a lot of fun.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• BurntFingers
    replied

For those of us East Coast WFO people:

My wife and I recently attended a WFO cooking class at the Stone Turtle Cooking School in Maine. We perfected our pie and tart crusts in a one day class with our instructors Mike and Sandy. We met them at the Kneading Conference in Maine where they offered a workshop. That is when we decided that we would attend other classes they offer. It was well worth the trip from NJ to Maine for a week end. The one day class only cost $65 for each of us. A real deal in my eyes. We stayed over two nights and the hotel was very reasonable too. Check them out at: Stone Turtle Baking and Cooking School in Lyman, Maine 04002. Learn to bake and cook in paradise.
    Last edited by BurntFingers; 10-22-2009, 04:48 PM. Reason: needed clarification

Leave a comment:

• scottr
    replied

I'm just building my oven now, so in researching some classes to get started, I also found a weekend class offered this fall in Vermont; posted here in case anyone else is interested:

Bread Baking in a Wood-Fired Oven with Richard Miscovich

There was another course a few weeks back with some different instructors, so it appears they may offer a few classes on WFO baking/cooking every quarter.

Leave a comment:

• CanuckJim
    replied

James,

Many thanks for listing our workshops at Mary G's Artisan Breads. This has been a busy season thus far, and it looks like it might get even busier.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• james
    started a topic Cooking Schools Listing on FB.com

Cooking Schools Listing on FB.com

We often get questions on where to find local wood-fired cooking schools, both for home chefs and professionals. Here is a permanent page on FB.com that lists the ones we that we know -- send us additional listings for a school that has worked well for you.

It's good keeping these things organized in a single location. You'll also find wood fired restaurants, mobile caterers and vineyards.

Enjoy!

https://www.fornobravo.com/how-to-bu...food-near-you/

Last edited by admin; 12-18-2015, 04:57 PM. Reason: Updated hyperlink to new locator
Working...
X