Small farm connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small farm connections

I was forwarded a reference for Eatwild.com, a web site that specializes in promoting grass fed livestock and local ranches. I hope to find others in this forum that might have additional conections for quality local farm foods.

Chris

Re: Small farm connections

Here's an organization that promotes organic gardening and resource conservation here in Seattle:
    Welcome to Seattle Tilth! — Seattle Tilth
    And there are the wooly pigs:
    Home

Comment

Thanks Papavino!
      I guess I should have started this in "ingredients". Web admin please feel free to move this thread if you desire.

Chris

Comment

I'm always looking for local ingredients. Tilth gives tips on growing your own produce organically. Wooly pigs are available around the country. They supply neutered pigs, if anyone wants to raise their own. They are some of the more flavorful and fatty pigs that you can get here in the US. Delicious. They are full of fat.

Comment

woohoo! One of my favorite subjects!
          The most comprehensive site I know about is localharvest.org
          They've got listings for every category of food and lots of other interesting stuff besides.
          While you're there, take a look at the CSA listings for your area and get yourself hooked up with a farmshare. I can't say enough about the awesomeness that is community supported agriculture, and it's one of the easiest ways to get the best possible local produce. I can't imagine life without it.

Comment

Working...
          X