X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCChris
    replied
    Re: Bosch,Viking or Cuisinart Mixer?

I started with Kitchen Aid and now do all of my dough by hand. It's surprisingly quick easy and easy. With 1 to 3 days of time in the fridge the dough isn't any different IMO than if I used the KA. I rough mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon, autolayse the batch for 10-20 minutes, stretch and fold it all 4 times at 10 minute intervals, and put it away in the fridge. On the morning of using the dough, I portion into ziplock covered bowls about 200g to 240g each ball and back they go into the fridge until about 30 to 60 minutes before use. I use Caputo pizza flour and was able to get a 25Kg bag at a great price from a local pizza place.

Chris

PS I started doing the dough by hand because the volume I needed exceded the Kitchen Aid's capacity. Additional benifits include being able to feel the dough and not having to clean the KA..
    Last edited by SCChris; 01-23-2011, 12:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• C5dad
    replied

I have both a Bosch and KA. The Bosch walked off the counter whist my son was using it and not paying attention - no more bowl.

Each has advantages and disadvantages. I found cleaning the Bosch a pain and had issues with flour shooting out the lid - not to mention popping the lid every now and then when making dough.

The KA is loud due to metallic gearing.

Both suffer from not doing well with small recipes, though the KA has a blade attachment which will scrape the bowl.

Leave a comment:

• RTflorida
    replied

Love my Bosch, I'm not a baker so the the only dough we have done is pizza, the largest batch being 1500 grams of flour. The bowel was full, but the mixer just plows right through it. I serious think you could mix concrete in this thing. The attachements (although very pricey) work perfectly, I especially like the meat grinder.....still trying to get a handle on the sausage making process.
    It may have a limited number of speeds, but the torque is amazing. Seldom will you find yourself cranking up the speed because the motor is bogging down.

RT

Leave a comment:

• bernerdog
    replied

Thanks! Anyone able to weigh in on the Viking or Cuisinart?

Leave a comment:

• jmhepworth
    replied

We have both a Bosch and a Kitchen Aid (actually, the KA is mine and the Bosch is my wife's). She routinely does four loves of bread the the Bosch and it hardly wimpers. The only complaint she has is that the bowl underside is hard to clean, but we understand they changed that.

Leave a comment:

• ERASMO
    replied

For dough I love my bosch universal mixer. The thing does a great job!
    YouTube - BOSCH UNIVERSAL PLUS MIXER PIZZA BREAD DOUGH GALANTINO
    It may not look like it is kneading but it is.
    The speed looks fast but it is fine. Does not overheat dough.

Leave a comment:

• bernerdog
    started a topic Bosch,Viking or Cuisinart Mixer?

Bosch,Viking or Cuisinart Mixer?

I am about done with my decade+ old Kitchen Aid (and can`t add to the complaints because it served me well and is just worn-out) but decided after reading CanuckJim`s rant/review that I was going in a different direction this time. I have a 36" WFO and a 36" 6 burner Viking range and do a fair amount of bread and, along with my spouse, lots of other cooking but the mixer comes out almost exclusively for bread. I`ve narrowed it down to these choices and would like to hear from those with hands-on experience. Seems unlikely that anyone would have used any two of these but a comparative critique would be a great help. what do folks think? John
Working...
X