Adjusting Bowl Clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting Bowl Clearance

I have noticed that the wire whisker attachment for my Thunderbird 20 QT (similar to Hobart 20 QT) is making contact with the bowl when it spins around.

How do I adjust the clearance between whisker and the bowl?

TIA

Rossco
    / Rossco

Re: Adjusting Bowl Clearance

Anyone know the answer to this??

Is it possible that the whisker IS designed to scrape the bowl directly? I wouldn't have thought so but I may be wrong ...

TIA

Rossco
    / Rossco

Comment

Rossco,
      the whisk along with the beater and the dough hook are not supposed to touch any part of the bowl at all! They should run close but not touch.
      I might suggest that the whisk is not the correct one for the machine.
      Some that I have seen have a large washer and screw directly below the shaft that connects via a bayonet fit to the drive shaft of the mixer where you can adjust the wire beaters of the whisk. You might like to check it out, maybe cut the top wires a little to allow 2mm clearaance between all wires and the bowl edge.

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Thanks for that Neill ...

Actually I had been wondering about the size - particularly because the whisk that I was given with the mixer looks to be brand new!

My guess is that they may have given me the one from their new 30 QT mixer. I may just sell that one off then if that is the case as it should have some value particularly as it would also fit the Hobart 30 QT model too which is quite common.

It was probably a good move then to buy the complete set of original attachments, including the whisk for my T-Bird!

Rossco
        / Rossco

Comment

Update here - yes, Neill you were correct. Since receiving the original TBird attachments I have compared the size of the one that I got with the machine with correct one and the one that came with the machine is quite a bit bigger. It seems to be unused and my guess is that it is for a 30 QT Hobart/TBird so I may sell it off as it isn't much use to me... I wonder what a 30 QT Hobart/TBird whisk is worth?

Rossco
          / Rossco

Comment

Working...
          X