Score!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score!!!

I'm beside myself. I was poking around in my mothers garage and came across a wonderful surprise. A whole set of Belgian Descoware. If you're not familiar with it, it is enameled (porcelain) cast iron cookware popularized by and often seen in the old shows of Julia Child. The old school equivalent of La Creuset (they bought them out years ago). They weigh a ton, cook great, and are perfect for the WFO. They even have the great "screw in" wooden handles! Everyone around the house thinks I'm nuts, but thought you all here would appreciate the find. Seeing those pots and pans brought back many memories of dish scrubbing chores of childhood! Never thought I'd be so happy to see those suckers again :-) . Will have to roast something this weekend now .......

Re: Score!!!

Hi Pdiff!

Boy did you score. I have four pieces of La Creuset and its predescessors. The old stuff is not very popular for it is SO heavy but I think it cooks better than the newer thinner stuff (well, at least maybe!)

Looks like the handles screw off of some of them. Is that right! Looks like you hit the jackpot!

Cook On!
    Jay

Comment

Will do! Anyone out there have an outstanding roasted chicken recipe? I've got a couple ready for brining ....

Pdiff

Comment

Great find! Start with a pot roast in one of those bad boys!
        My Oven Thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Working...
        X