X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wood-Fired Bread Cookbook -- online

Drake,

Don't you think RoundUp and Weed B Gone would taste good on your bread?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Mmmmmm round up!

I baked last Sunday and used my newly acquired garden sprayer with excellent results!

Drake
      My Oven Thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

This should probably be in the Chat forum, but do you think we use too many pesticides? You can't even buy roundup here unless you have a commercial ag license, and it comes in tiny bottles behind a locked cabinet.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I tried to upload the e-books but a message came up that my code has expired (something to that effect). This was only 18 hrs after I put in the order. It says that the code should be good for 24hrs. I shall try again when I am less busy.

Comment

Regarding steam.. Although I haven't baked in a while I never remember having a problem with steam. Usually the oven was full though. On the times when I would just do test batches I would add steam by partially filling an old tuna can that I had poked holes in (very tiny) and placed it in the corner of the oven. This worked very well, the tiny holes allowed the water to drain very slow and produced quite a bit of steam. I had to play with it for a while to get just the right level which was just about covering the "ribs" on the bottom of the can..I don't know how it would work for the pizza ovens but I imagine it should be the same. I think I got the Idea from an oven I saw that had a cast Iron disk in the hearth floor about that size that was above a water source..it dripped onto the disk and made instant steam. I have also heard of people just putting in an ice cube right on the hearth bricks...
            Now that I think about it I guess I really never had a problem with steam because most of my recipes are very high hydration and I really don't know "exactly" what hearth temps I was working with because I went all out and decided that if I'm gonna bake Old World Breads I'm not gonna use a temp gage I used a combination of the arm (mmm I can smell the hair burning now ) and the cornmeal method. Next oven will have thermal couples, it was a great experience learning to do it that way but..really whats the point... People can talk about burning cookies in the oven (conventional ) or a roast but you have never REALLY burnt something till you have burnt it in a brick oven..am I right guys???
            http://www.palmisanoconcrete.com

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckJim View Post
              Boccu,

Did some quick net checking and came up with this link: Maltese Recipes that includes a recipe for Hobz, or Maltese bread. Anyhow, take a look to see it this is what you're after.

Jim
              Hey just a min now..Im into trying new things but Dog Bread ......although I do like most food with a good BITE..
              Thank you, thank you, I'm here till 8, try the veal..Ok OK I won't quit my day job...

Pic-Maltese pup
              http://www.palmisanoconcrete.com

Comment

Nice information...Bread was one of the reasons I am building my oven.. I cant wait to get it done
                Toby

Columbus, NE

Comment

Hi James,

Is the link in your initial post on this thread broken? I'm getting a 404 error when I try to access the pdf.

Thanks for the wealth of info on this site

gene

Comment

Brick Oven Bread | Hearth Bread

There's a link to the .pdf on that page.

Comment

There are many excellent free ebooks in the forno bravo store...

eBooks & CD ROMs :: Forno Bravo Store

Drake
                      My Oven Thread:
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Thanks for the links...

gene

Comment

Sadly, the link no longer seems to exist. Is it possible to find a copy of this elsewhere?

Comment

It is still there on the FB Store website (you have to root around a little but it is there). You have to give FB an email address and they send you a PDF.
                            Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 08-15-2023, 09:13 AM.
                            Russell
                            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by azatty View Post

Brick Oven Bread | Hearth Bread

There's a link to the .pdf on that page.
                              Thank you...what an excellent resource!

Comment

Working...
                              X