This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread Baking HTML pages

Here is the site for the online pages for the new online Wood-Fired Bread Instructions. Let me know how you like it and how the site works. It offers some nice opportunities to link in more information and show more graphics.

Take a look:

http://www.fornobravo.com/brick_oven...ead/index.html

James
    Last edited by james; 01-13-2007, 04:06 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Bread Baking HTML pages

James,

You did a great job on the PDF; you did a tremendous job on the html pages. Thanks. Let's add more stuff in the future.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

James,

I've been accessing it through fornobravo.com. The link you show in your post doesn't work right now.

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim,
        I agree we can add more content. Recipes, photos, links, video -- this is a lot of fun, so let's keep it going. And thanks again, the content is great.

I think I fixed the link.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks for posting these pages on breads. I have had a lot of fun and luck w/ pizza's and other meals overnight in my oven but not as much with bread. I'll be looking at these and likely asking questions. Thanks
          My oven and its construction, cooking, and sources photos are at ozarkdreams.com . click on the brick oven link.
          Cheers
          mitexas
          www.ozarkdreams.com/brickoven.htm (pictures, stories, recipes, construction records of building a wood fired brick oven)

Comment

(M) CanuckJim, if you bake as well as you write, build and photograph you are the proverbial "Renaisance Man"

(M) For those who do not speak French, consider adding (in brackets)

"Next, before you really get going, let's make sure you are ready to "Be Organized." ...... or (Mis en Place)

(M) That weigh your English only readers will be confident that they have not missed a page.

Avec mes meilleures amitiés,

Marcel
            "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
            but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

(M) James, I kneaded to go back to the section on weighing ingredients. If you had the Index (Table of Contents) accessible on each of Jim Wills' pages it would really be helpful:

"Wood Fired Bread: Table of Contents

Overview: Making Wood-Fired Bread
              Ingredients: Freshness Counts
              Bread Baking Gear
              By Weight, Not Volume
              Technique: Bread Slashing
              Temperatures
              Times
              Humidity
              Mis en Place
              Stream
              Biga Whole Wheat Bread
              Parisian Baguette
              Ciabatta
              Boule au Levain
              Kaiser Rolls
              No-Knead Bread
              Pane Pugliese
              Books and Resources
              About the Authors

Ciao,

Marcel
              Last edited by Marcel; 02-12-2007, 09:43 AM. Reason: Misspelled JIm Wills
              "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
              but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Marcel,

That's a good change, English to French, and maybe James could do the quick edit. I forget, sometimes, living in an officially bilingual country. All the phrase really means is, more or less, "everything in its place." The concept was originated, I think, by Prosper Montagne in his 1938 Larousse Gastronomique. I can still hear a certain lunatic Parisian chef in a retaurant where my youngest brother worked screaming at his prep people, "Idiots. Mis en place. Mis en place. Vit. Vit." This charming fusillade was often accompanied by flying sauce pans, occasionally knives.

Thanks for the compliment, but far as I'm concerned I'll never finish learning how to bake good bread.

Mitexas,

I'm very open to questions and suggestions on anything in the book. They'll only make it better in the end.

Jim
                Last edited by CanuckJim; 02-12-2007, 10:01 AM. Reason: Typooos

Comment

Working...
                X