Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving

OK, the turkey was cooked in the house oven. But, since we had pizza last night, the pizza oven was hot. So I baked a tray of rolls (along with all of the side dishes) in the pizza oven. Oven temp was about 350 F. Rolls came out better from the pizza oven than from the internal oven in my mind. Unfortunately, had no pics as the little monkeys ate them as fast as they could. Roll recipe is from the 1995 Sunset Magazine Thanksgiving edition.
    Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Re: Thanksgiving

We cooked ours in the WFO. Did not come out nearly as good as last year and I don't know why. We did pizza last night and I had to do a small recharge to get the temp higher this A.M. It went over 600 deg. so I left the door open to get it down to 525. We slid in a 20.3 lb bird and it was over cooked in 2.5 hours (In my opinion, everyone else loved it). I need to work on this aspect of the oven.
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Re: Thanksgiving

Les, my bird got overcooked in the regular oven (18 pounds x 15 mins/pound......) No one complained about it except for wanting more dark meat. Next year, everything into the oven and a temp probe in the turkey - oh wait, I don't have to cook next year (ok, we will see about that!)
      Last edited by C5dad; 11-25-2011, 10:21 AM.
      Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Working...
      X