Question about retarding shaped sourdough loaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about retarding shaped sourdough loaves

Your bakes clearly show evidence of robust starter and using the proofing box with multiple feedings is a straightforward (but more trouble than many will go to) method for insuring robust starter!

I often go with the room but I pay the penalty of having horridly erratic proofing times. Fortunately I know what dough SHOULD be like so I can live with it but...it is not a recommended practice - especially for WFO work where the timing is so critical!

Good work!
    Jay

Comment

Most of the year I build on the counter, day and night, but when it's a bit cold, the proofer helps move things along.. I expect the bigger batches to need a little different care than these little bakes. The larger volume batches should not swing in temps as quickly but the individual proofing loaves will need something more formal than the closet.

:-)

Chris

Comment

Chis...I have sort of a man cave...but I already get enough good natured teasing from my friends about my baking. If started filling the man cave with proofing racks, etc, I'd never hear the end of it. When they found out my daughter got me baking supplies for my last birthday I started getting questions about my sexual orientation. Phillistines.

Comment

I wonder what they'd say about closet proofing.. Anyway, Real men Bake!!

Bake on!!

C

Comment

Working...
          X