Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Here are a few static pictures that, hopefully, fill in a few questions. I'll be posting a quick video in an hour or so that should help further.
The plates are 8.75 inch diameter. 12 - 8 inch loaves seem like they would be a maximum load for a 42 inch oven.
Here is a very short video of a very short bread loader.
Chris
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
I'm building a bread loader or two.
Collapse
X
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Chris,Originally posted by SCChris View PostOh and Chip, I bought the large 5qt size, I think there is a 3.5 as well. The 5qt takes up to about 900g of dough although I stick with 800g +/- and use parchment paper and a peel to slide the dough in.
Chris
Found the 5 qt Lodge on Amazon for $35 with free shipping. Thanks for the help
Chip
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Oh and Chip, I bought the large 5qt size, I think there is a 3.5 as well. The 5qt takes up to about 900g of dough although I stick with 800g +/- and use parchment paper and a peel to slide the dough in.
Chris
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Thanks, I will look there.Originally posted by SCChris View PostChip, try CostPlus World market. You have one in Rosedale and Bloomington.
I can fit 2 in my gas kitchen oven..
Chris
Chip
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Lunch was 2 farm fresh eggs fried softly in butter, salt, pepper, basil and bread.
Chris3 Photos
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Chip, try CostPlus World market. You have one in Rosedale and Bloomington.
I can fit 2 in my gas kitchen oven..
Chris
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Chris,Originally posted by SCChris View Post
PS The cast iron and shelf there on were replaced after the bake was finished.
And the Boules baked in the cast iron and, of course, my helper.
Where did you find the Cast Iron pots you are using for you Boules?
I have been using upright versions of that and find it very difficult to transfer the dough into the deep pot without deflating the dough, and my tops are much to domed to use upside down.
BTW the loader looks great.
Chip
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Take care of your mom, hope she gets better soon. I'll put together a short video of the loader in action for everyone. It may be with this or that being unloaded but it should be helpful.
Chris
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Well, I wasn't going to say anything...:-) But then again I was looking at the loader. Would like to see how that works.
Got the parts for the steam injection system but life is being difficult at the moment. Mom spent a week in intensive care, working long hard hours and 6 days a week, yard chores are already behind. So once I get caught up I hope to bake again. I was going to try something today but it is just a sobby mess outside. Figures it would rain on my only day off.
I know " the sun will come out tomorrow"...(I hate that song)
Perhaps some banana bread will make my spirits brighter.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Yep. That's the way it works..Originally posted by cobblerdave View PostGudday Chris
Ha !!!! I suppose when I do think about it I usually bake 2 loafs and a few rolls.....then give 1/2 away to the neighbors
Regards dave
I'm happy to see that Jay and Faith haven't commented on the obvious, and it only took me cleaning up from dinner guests to see it, the loaves are over proofed. Well, better realizing it late than never.. My focus was not on the loaves it was on assembling the ingredients for the dinner and cleaning.. Focus, Focus, Focus!
:-)
Chris
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Gudday Chris
Ha !!!! I suppose when I do think about it I usually bake 2 loafs and a few rolls.....then give 1/2 away to the neighbors
Regards dave
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Dave, I wish you were around to pass one or two along. 11 loaves isn't easy to find "appropriate" homes for.
I found homes for 4 so far.
Chris
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Gudday Chris
I can just imagine the smell of those fresh loaves!!
Regards dave
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
Here's the bread. As I said, I think I could have done better with a dryer dough. I also feel like the holding the soaker 13 or 14 hours wouldn't have helped the gluten, but it does help the flavor. The feel of three times the dough needs some learning..
:-)
Chris2 PhotosLast edited by SCChris; 04-27-2013, 09:29 PM.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: I'm building a bread loader or two.
The loader.
The plywood id 18" by 46" 3/4" birch cabinet grade, it's over kill but it's what I had. I cut a 45 degree angle on the delivery end and kept a 1/4" of vertical to facilitate the linen rolling back. I sanded all edges and attached 4 wheels, two small ones at the delivery end and two larger ones about 3/4 of the way back. I wrapped the loader with 15 inch wide parchment that was taped in place for the test. I then wrapped the loader in linen that I sewed a small pocket in one end to hold a stick to keep the linen from being pulled into the oven and around the plywood. This is I suppose is a dead many for the pulley. The front wheels allow about a 1/4 inch of space for the returning linen so no weight of the loader sits on the linen.
The loader works very slick. The loaves roll off the end and drop nicely onto the oven deck.
My estimation of how much space the loaves were going to take on the linen was on the low side. If I had reduced the hydration or the amount of dough from 850g to 750g I would have avoided the loaves kissing each other and would likely have had a better bake. I was able to put 11 loaves into the oven, the full 9Kg plus of the batch. I could also have not worried the deck temps down so far, another 30F would have helped the color.
Chris5 PhotosLast edited by SCChris; 04-27-2013, 09:24 PM.
Leave a comment:





Leave a comment: