Llopis oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Llopis oven

Faith and Jay I don't know if you've seen these before but this is new to me. It's a wood burning white oven although it can run with other fuels, nicely insulated, revolving deck, and steam.. It's a European oven. Very interesting. I know Faith is thinking about a new oven..

I'm a bit uncomfortable including a link in respect to James but it searches easily.

Another baking link..

http://millersbakehouse.com/index.htm

The wood fire heats the steam tubes that then heat the oven.

Interesting..

Chris
    Last edited by SCChris; 05-16-2013, 09:27 AM.

Re: Llopis oven

White ovens are an interesting critter. I long ago considered building one. The Llopi is sort of interesting but the size is ginormous - 40,000 pounds, 20 tons! For the SMALL one!

Wow!
    Jay

Comment

I like the Millers bake house philosophy on fair trade and food miles, its a great pity more ppl dont follow it.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

20 ton is a bit of weight and I'm sure each ton is not cheap. I'll bet the oven bakes like a dream.. On a related note, a baker in San Francisco spent some time working weekends at the Bakehouse and created a caf?/coffee house style bakery called The Mill. Josey Baker's concept, yep that's his name, is to mill and bake on site. The oven is a steam tube white oven. I hope to visit NorCal this summer.

The Mill ? joseybakerbread

You gotta love the flour mill, getreidem?hle, in German..
        Is a mill on site, Bread Boutique / Caf? viable? I hope so.

Oh no.. Now I found out about Falling numbers and damaged starch..
        The more you learn the more you know that you don't know.
        If I stop learning now, I'll only be ignorant.

;-)

Chris
        Last edited by SCChris; 05-17-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I am in early planning phase for my second oven. Will be associated with a move to Austin. Will be conventional - probably a Premio to speed constuction (not enough patience or desire to build from scratch...) A Llopis would be nice but I think it might occupy my backyard. I think you are right though - that it bakes like a dream!

Don't worry too much about Falling factors. People made bread for many thousand years before they included the Falling factor. But...now that you mention it, it does deserve consideration!

Bake on!
          Jay

Comment

Working...
          X