A serious olive bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A serious olive bread

You might have had a focaccia with slice of olive, but here is a photo of a serious olive bread from Calabria. Whole green olives, rolled into a hearth loaf, then sliced. Great looking and it was excellent.

I am guessing that they make it like a jelly roll, or a cinnamon roll. We need to try to make this.

Also, try to take a look at the previous posting with the wheel shaped Pugliese.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: A serious olive bread

James,

I make an Olive & Thyme Boule. At 1 kilo, it's one of my most popular breads, but the black, brine cured olives and the Kalamatas are actually kneaded into the dough. In the Calabrian bread, I'm pretty sure they pat the bulk fermented dough into a rectangle, then load on the olives, then roll it up jelly roll fashion. This is exactly what I do with my Potato, Cheddar, Chive Torpedo. All that would be needed would be to substitute the olives for the cheese. It would definitely work, but I'd have to source really good green olives. That I could do at The St. Lawrence Market in Toronto. Worth a try.

Nice bread.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Re: A serious olive bread

James,

Must have missed the Pugliese pic. I notice it's a natural levain bread and looks kind of like a giant bagel. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Some of my customers are looking for new sensations, so why not the Pugliese Bagel and the Olive Chunky?

Jim
      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Working...
      X