Pain Poilane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain Poilane

Sorry I am trickling my photos out through limited Internet time. Here are a couple of pictures of Pain Poilane -- from the crust to the packaging and the crumb.

It is very, very nice bread. It is naturally risen and whole wheat. It is very nutty in flavor, and it has a moist crumb, with a pretty dense whole structure; though the holes are well defined. The crust is crunchy, though not too thick. It is a deep brown. I have read that is can last for days and days -- and my experience shows that it's true. We've eat it for lunch, dinner and the breakfast toast over the past 2-3 days. It just seems to stay fresh; goes great with a boiled egg.

The loaves are at least 4lbs, and you can buy them by weight. They are also pre-sliced, where you can pull off one piece at time. Why do they slice it?

Jim, I have read the stories that movie stars have it flown around the world every day -- though Robert DiNiro was new to me. I also read that this is the only bread in France which is named after the baker, not a specific type of bread.

What do you think guys? A signature bread?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces
Working...
X