Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciabatta or baguettes first?

Hey Bakers,

Today I am baking Ciabatta and Baguettes (and some rye later!)

What needs hotter temps, which should go in the oven first? Ciabatta or Baguettes?

Thanks!
    Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Re: Ciabatta or baguettes first?

Baguettes!!! Definitely the baguettes! At 550 hearth temp they should be done in 15 to 20 min at most. The ciabatta should be a softer and lighter bake.
    Best
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Dutch,

Agreed. Baguette definitely likes the hotter temp, and Ciabatta should have a lower, slower bake. Got into a bit of trouble the other day with some Baguette dough that was really, really ready, but the hearth was at 675 F. No choice; had to go for it. Baked perfectly in four minutes flat; no charring. Amazing.

Jim
      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Four minute baguettes! Unbelievable. That needs a patent I think. How high a hydration dough was that to resist that hot a hearth.
        I'm not worthy, I don't have the guts to get them in at that kind of temp. You must have just got the oven steamed and then had to vent it! Most places don't make pizzas that fast!
        Best
        Dutch
        "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
        "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
        X