Crackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackers

Took a slight detour from the loaves today and made some crackers. They came out pretty well except for them being slightly too thick. I'll have to roll the dough out a bit thinner next time. From left the right the seasonings are: italian, toasted black sesame, raw sesame, light toasted sesame, paprika, poppy seed, caraway seed, cumin seed, and olive oil with sea salt.
    Oven Progress
    Bread Photos
    Oven Stand Thread

Re: Crackers

Can you share your recipe, plus cooking time, temp of hearth etc.

Comment

Way to go RLF,

I've done those in the past, and need to start again -- it's a great way of getting a good cracker without the transfats and oils you see in the supermarket crackers. There's a good recipe in Reinhart's Bread Baker's Apprentice.

James
      Last edited by james; 11-19-2007, 02:00 PM.
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by rlf5 View Post
        Took a slight detour from the loaves today and made some crackers.
        Wow. My list of cool things to do with a brick oven just got one longer.
        Ken H. - Kentucky
        42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
        Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Thanks! They really are quite good. I had a little bit of dough leftover b/c it all wouldn't fit on the cookie sheet, so I got my skillet very hot and fried the flattened piece of dough until it was cooked. BTW, the dough also makes pita bread, which is what I got out of the frying pan. We're having a holiday party here in a few weeks and I'd like to get these crackers nailed down so that they can serve as additional snack food.

Richard

Its the exact recipe that James mentioned in Reinhart's Bread Baker's Apprentice. They are called Lavash Crackers. There is a copy of the recipe at Recipes from The?Gilded Fork: Lavash Crackers
          Oven Progress
          Bread Photos
          Oven Stand Thread

Comment

Working...
          X