Steaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steaming?

Hey, has anyone tried throwing in a wet piece of towel to get their steam for bread baking? Or maybe some vessel with a small hole in it?

A slow release steam without opening the door??
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Steaming?

I usually put a cast iron pan in and then pour in some water. What works better is to seal the door with wet rags.

Slow release....thats sounds like it might work better - I will have to try it
    Cheers
    Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Daniel Leader suggests putting in some ice cubes, in a suitable container e.g. cast iron grill pan - haven't tried this, but it sounds 'slow-release' to me :-)

LMH
      "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

Comment

Can someone post some pictures of how they seal the door with rags? I tried, but it was just too much of a pain. I have started putting a cast iron pan with hot water in a few minutes before I load. Enough water, and it steams the whole time. I don't really understand the ice cube idea - I think it provides the same amount of steam, just defers it to later in the bake, after it's most useful. Not to be a broken record, but as I said here, closing the flue has done amazing things for my steam retention. When I open the door late in the bake, there's still steam pouring out, and I actually have to open the flue to suck the steam out to finish the crusts in a dry oven.

Comment

Working...
        X