Whole grain bread cookbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole grain bread cookbooks

I was looking for the bread book by Dan Leader (Bread Alone: Bold Fresh Loaves from Your Own Hands )and noticed the newer book by Reinhardt....as anyone used it?

Peter Reinhart's Whole Grain Breads: New Techniques, Extraordinary Flavor

or the Dan Leader book for that matter.....other favorites?
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Whole grain bread cookbooks

I have it and the Leader book both...as well as the BBA, Brother Juniper's Bread book and others...Bread Alone and Whole Grain Breads are both great resources but...I have to be honest and say that I refer to the Reinhart book more...has some REALLY interesting tecniques in there...got it at Christmas...if you want to read about bread without worrying about formulas try "6000 years of Bread"...
    Best to you!
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

XJ, Dutch,

I have Reinhart's Whole Grain too, and it's a great resource: typically careful and thorough.

Jim
      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Well said...careful and thorough...that's great for me though because I can be the opposite sometimes...
        Dutch

Originally posted by CanuckJim View Post
        XJ, Dutch,

I have Reinhart's Whole Grain too, and it's a great resource: typically careful and thorough.

Jim
        "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
        "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
        X