First bread bake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First bread bake

Well I am going to try my hand at bread in the oven. I am going to start with ciabatta. I have the polish all made up and resting already. I am useing the recipe front bread bakers apprentice ,and doing a double batch. I know it is not enough to fill the oven but as this is a first try I don't want to wreck that much flour if it does not turn out. I am also planning to put a cast iron pan in to generate steam with some boiling water. I have the oven fully loaded with heat right now so I am about to put the door on and I hope to have some good temps in the morning. I will report back on how I fair . This is the first try on the insulating door so I don't know what to expect. Wish me luck.

Randy

Well the bake went pretty good. When I pulled the door off the oven this morning the dome was 725F and the floor was 680F. I took the ashes out and cleaned up the floor and left the door off for a while to drop the temp a little I got the dough all peeped and as I put it in I think the temp was 600F in the dome and 550F on the floor. I left the bread in for about 8.5 min and got a very nice golden brown. I maby could have let it proof a little bit longer but with a 17 month old that doesn't always work. I am very happy with how it turned out. I know there is room for improvement but that is where the fun is.

Randy

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Working...
      X