Overnight cooking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnight cooking?

Hello, I tried searching but didn't find anything. Someone told me that after they cook their pizzas and are done, they put dough in the oven to sit overnight and close the pizza oven and it's cooked by morning! Anyone do this or cook anything overnight other than bread? Thanks in advance!

There are some old world rye breads that are baked overnight--but at very low temps (200F-300F). I bake baguettes for 15 minutes at 575F and some enriched dough breads for 45-60 minutes at 400F-450F. Going from pizza temps (600F-700F) to baking overnight would be a good exercise in how to create charcoal in loaf shapes (IMHO ). There are lots of folks who have a pizza party one evening and then plan on baking bread the next day after the oven has cooled down to bread temps...but overnight bread bakes ...not so much.

At lower temps (250F - 300F) there are lots of BBQ meats, beans, & other long, slow (overnight) cooking options that turn out fabulously in a WFO. The main problem going directly from high temps to low temps in a WFO is that a properly built oven is designed to retain its heat for a long time. Tough to drop from pizza to "normal baking" options in a short amount of time. I'd be wanting to get more specific information from "that someone" you mentioned before doing any type of overnight bake.

Hope that helps.
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have never done that before, usually, I prepare the dough, then I cover the dough with plastic wrap, set in a warm place until the dough has doubled in bulk and after that, I cook it. But, the overnight cooking you are talking about, it's new to me. I should try it. By the way, do you use a dough whisk when cooking? As I like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and to cook, I use to read articles regarding this topic. So, recently, I've found some interesting facts about the good whisks for baking. It was new for me, that there are so many kinds of the whisk. I was wondering what whisk do you use?
      Last edited by uraniumman; 04-04-2020, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X