Giusto's flour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giusto's flour

I've been using King Arthur flour for bread and Caputo for pizza and focaccia. We can get their white whole wheat and regular whole wheat from Trader Joe's. The while whole wheat is pretty cool because you can blend it into "white bread" to get a more healthy bread and you can blend it into regular whole wheat to lighten the loaf.

That said, I noticed that many commercial microbakeries around here use Giustos (S. San Francisco).

Does anyone have a source for getting Giusto's in smaller bags from home baking? I would be interested in trying it out.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Giustos on line

If found Giustos flour on line, and purchased five bags. White bread, white bread with high gluten and whole wheat bread with high gluten. It came yesterday, so I am looking forward to giving it a try. I will let you know how it goes.

I have been mixing half Caputo 00 with King Arthur white whole wheat for my baguettes and other hearth loaves, and now I'm going to try mixes of the two white flours, and maybe add some whole wheat white for the health of it.

More baking to come.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: Giusto's flour

James , I know this is an old post but how are you liking the guistos? ANd which for what? thanks _marc

Comment

Re: Giusto's flour

Hey Marc,

That's a great idea -- thanks for the reminder. It's wonderful flour, and they sell over the Internet. We've been traveling, so I haven't ordered for a while -- but I will start again today. I have enjoyed the high gluten bread flour and the whole wheat flour for bread making. I've never tried the finer ground pastry flour; of course I'm hooked on Caputo for pizza and focaccia. :-)

If we both order a supply, let's see how it goes.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
        X