James, how 'bout a Recipe section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James, how 'bout a Recipe section?

My mouth waters reading the threads about all the breads ya'll are making in your ovens. It'll be a while before my oven is built but I'd like to try making some bread anyway. Problem is I'm a bit confused about the exact recipes to make these breads. James what is the chance of having a recipe section, an archive of sorts where members can add theirs?

The Big Green Egg forum I visit has a great number of recipes that members post for the benefit of others. I can tell there is a good deal of talent and experience in this group who certainly could teach me a thing or two about bread.

As an aside, until I get my oven built I plan on trying to bake in my BGE. Although other BGE users are doing it, I'm not sure they are doing it as well as they could. As far as I know most are simply bringing the temp up to 500 or so and maintaining it while they bake, hot coals still going strong under the stone.

As an attempt to mimic baking in a Pompeii I plan on firing it up with a layer of firebricks to bake on. I'll put a small load of charcoal to fire it for 30-45 minutes and let the temp come down to the 500-550 range and bake away!

I love the BGE phenomenon. What a great community. We'll get there -- I can see it now... Forno Bravo World Expo in Las Vegas.

Stuart, do you think it would work if we used the existing forums on roasting, bread, pizza, etc. as the place to post recipes and recipe reviews? It would be great to see more and more brick oven recipes building up (and user comments) in those forums.

Comment?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james
      Stuart, do you think it would work if we used the existing forums on roasting, bread, pizza, etc. as the place to post recipes and recipe reviews? It would be great to see more and more brick oven recipes building up (and user comments) in those forums.

Comment?
      James
      James,

Anything that would allow members to share their successes, (and failures) would be great. I understand this forum is relatively new and each suggestion from a member means someone needs to do more work. As the membeship grows and the number of posts does too, forum posting of recipes will become harder to manage and cumbersome to review. An archive will be much simpler to use, but again I understand the additional work this would cause and certainly appreciate the work that is already done to benefit the members. Which ever route you take will be of great benefit for us all, thanks for the work you do.

Comment

Working...
      X