Fan Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Pattern

This one tore a little when I was taking it out of the banneton (I'll use more flour next time with a wet dough), and it looked like the start of a fan pattern -- so I went for it. The dough was 800gr (a big loaf), 200gr KA GP and 600 KA whole wheat (no rye, oats or grains), and 70%+ water.

The wetter doughs definitely result in a lower loaf -- though the crumb is very moist and has lots of holes.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Fan Pattern

Very nice. I like the fan shape- great way to disguise a problem! I am impressed with the color you get. Was it regular KA whole wheat or the white whole wheat? I think I get better color with the regular.
    Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Nice work in my book. I'll bet it tasted great! Perhaps a banneton with a fern shape inside might recreate this pretty loaf every time.
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by egalecki View Post
        I am impressed with the color you get. Was it regular KA whole wheat or the white whole wheat? I think I get better color with the regular.
        Regular KA whole wheat. I pretty much only blend in the white whole wheat with other flours -- I figure if I'm going to make whole wheat bread, it might as well be the real deal. I think it does give better color.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
          Regular KA whole wheat. I pretty much only blend in the white whole wheat with other flours -- I figure if I'm going to make whole wheat bread, it might as well be the real deal. I think it does give better color.
          James
          Health wise, IMHO anything that says only "wheat" should be suspect marketing...unless it say's 100% whole wheat, then it's good stuff!
          sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

KA white whole wheat IS 100% whole wheat. Just from a different variety of wheat. Texture's a little different too, I'd say it's milled differently.

I've been mixing it when I do a multigrain too- I just like the plain whole wheat's looks, even though I don't think it rises quite as well.
            Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Originally posted by egalecki View Post
              KA white whole wheat IS 100% whole wheat. Just from a different variety of wheat. Texture's a little different too, I'd say it's milled differently.

I've been mixing it when I do a multigrain too- I just like the plain whole wheat's looks, even though I don't think it rises quite as well.
              Exactly!
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
              X