Classic flat bread or cracker bread recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic flat bread or cracker bread recipe

I have been looking for a classic recipe for cracker bread. I have looked everywhere. I usually get a flat bread which rises to about 1/2" thick. I want crunchy wafer thin craker bread. Thanks!

Re: Classic flat bread or cracker bread recipe

There is a great one in Peter Reinhart's Bread Baker's Apprentice. If you don't have it, we can list the recipe here.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I do Reinhart's lavash recipe regularly. And his book Bread Baker's Apprentice is highly recommended. But if you Google flatbread you can find other good recipes such as this one.

Semolina-Sesame Flatbread Crackers Recipe | Wild Yeast

Good luck! Crackers and flatbread are fun!
      Jay

Comment

There's also a good one in Baking With Julia. It's always a hit at parties when we make them.

Comment

Originally posted by DanaMac View Post
          I have been looking for a classic recipe for cracker bread. I have looked everywhere. I usually get a flat bread which rises to about 1/2" thick. I want crunchy wafer thin craker bread. Thanks!
          Try Peter Reinhart's recipe for peppery cracker bread in Crust & Crumb, page 136 ff.

Makes lovely strips of crackers - and the dough can also be used for pizza!

Cheers,

LMH
          "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

Comment

Sounds as if you want Carta di Musica: Literally "sheet music". This cracker/bread is supposed to be so thin you can read through it! Delicious and crunchy; if you add some seeds to the dough, it does actually look like old parchment paper music sheets! The King Arthur Flour Bread Book has an excellent recipe that I have made many times...

Comment

Working...
            X