Our Farmer's market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Farmer's market

Although we have talked about it I don't thing we have posted photos...at least not in a long time...hope you all enjoy!
    Best
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Re: Our Farmer's market

Dutch, you are killing me. You don't need a live in fire tender do you? You can pay me with bread, rolls, bagels, burnt crumbs.
    I have no neighborhood bakery, no farmers market (the local flea market just doesn't cut it), and no baking skills (due to a lack of patience), so I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to fine baked goods.

I've gotta convince my wife to bake more than cake......you have the real deal there.
    thanks for sharing.

RT

Comment

Dutch, that looks great. We have nothing near that caliber in my town. I'd certainly be a regular customer. Thanks for posting.
      Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
      My oven build thread

Comment

Amazing!

Is all of that from the WFO? I know that is a lot of work! Looks fantastic!

Drake
        My Oven Thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Originally posted by DrakeRemoray View Post
          Amazing!

Is all of that from the WFO? I know that is a lot of work! Looks fantastic!

Drake
          Thanks everyone! Our patrons appreciate it and it is nice to hear your kind comments! We bake our brains out all day Friday late into the night...about 90% is WFO baked...some weeks it is 100%...cinnamon rolls and pecan sticky seem to like a regular convection oven better...and once in a while the WFO has enough heat to do the bagels.
          Thanks again!
          Best
          Dutch
          "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
          "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Dutch,

I've been there. All that variety, all the numbers, make me very tired all of a sudden. Well done; it all looks great. Hope your customers have some inkling of how much effort is involved. Keep it up.

Jim
            "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Beautiful, just beautiful!
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks again! It is so very nice to have such nice comrades...Jim...boy did you hit that nail on the head...learning to play golf well may have been easier...and as far as tiring...we just kind of get home in the early afternoon on Saturdays and just CRASH!...it is very satisfying for us though to bring this type of product to our area...and our customers do appreciate it and the newer ones are learning to...and it has been quite an evolution...this is our 3rd market season and we recently spoke of the first time we opened our booth...brought 30 loaves of bread(thought that was a lot), sold out in about 40 minutes...yesterday we brought about 105 loaves plus the cinnamon rolls and bagels...how we got there who knows?
                All the best!
                Dutch
                Oh! Had something I wanted to share earlier but it constantly slipped my mind. A couple of weeks ago we had a customer at market come to the booth and pick out a ciabatta. He had a British accent which is not uncommon because Oxford has the Univ. of Mississippi. He also grabbed a sample of our Peasant loaf(a nice, crusty, tangy loaf made with about 40% rye) and walked away. Seconds later he came back and quite excitedly asked, "What kind of oven are these breads baked in!" When I said a brick oven heated with wood fire he went on to say that he was the son of a British baker...4th generation...he broke the cycle though...he said it brought back such memories...very satisfying!

Comment

Working...
                X