Proofing baskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proofing baskets

I know many of our members use the SFBI for baking supplies but CJ and I have both used Empire Baking Company...currently they have lightly used plastic proofing baskets on clearance for $2 each...they are 9.5 inch round with a 2 pound capacity and no minimum order...all the other baskets are on sale but the minimum order is 10...take advantage of them while they last...
    Best
    Dutch
    Here is a link Empire Bakery Equipment Online Catalog
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Re: Proofing baskets

Thanks for the tipoff!

Comment

Bummer, they appear to have a $50 minimum order...
      My Oven Thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Thanks, Dutch!

I got my order for 25 in!

Your tip was timely and appreciated!
        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by DrakeRemoray View Post
          Bummer, they appear to have a $50 minimum order...
          That is a bummer...I spoke to them on the phone...they said there wasn't a minimum...did you try to call or just go through the website?...if not call them Monday...
          Best
          Dutch
          "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
          "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

I only tried through the site. I will call on Monday.

Thanks!
            Drake
            My Oven Thread:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

We received the baskets and our peel blade yesterday and I definitely recommend these baskets...I envisioned a usable but otherwise flimsy plastic bowl but rather they are very sturdy plastic and quite thick and what I believe will be very durable...they also have a nice patternfor the loaves...
              Hope some of you can take advantage...
              Best
              Dutch

Comment

Hi Dutch!

At the price I had no idea what I was buying. Good to hear they look great!

My reason for ordering the baskets is that I am considering beginning to bake for farmer's markets this fall and to do so more baskets will be needed. Nice to know they are good baskets!

Thanks!
                Jay

Comment

Hey Jay!
                  I think you will be pleased...I am using them today as we bake for our Farmer's Market...I will let you know how they work...we bought some coiled willow baskets when we started to bake for the market and we soon found out we needed more....had been using dollar store baskets but crap...for $2 it was too hard to turn down...I might go back and order more even
                  Best
                  Dutch

Comment

Based on the price of good, new "proper" (i.e. coil-like) baskets, $2 is a super bargain! I am sure they will be great! And now that I will have about 35 baskets I will have enough to do two loads of bread for my oven! Yea!

Good Luck!
                    Jay

Comment

the website states "Gently Used". I assume they are all still in good shape?
                      Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                      My oven build thread

Comment

Originally posted by mfiore View Post
                        the website states "Gently Used". I assume they are all still in good shape?
                        The ones we got you really wouldn't know they were used...I definitely recommend them without reservation...price and quality are high...made in Solingen Germany...they performed every bit as well as the coiled willow that we bought over a year ago...but they clean up much easier...they stack well for storage...and they have the nice "coiled" pattern...just the same as the "proper" ones Jay
                        We bought a peel blade as well so I will be finishing that this week...have to do some sanding and then some butcher's block oil
                        Best
                        Dutch

Comment

I should get mine any day. I can't wait! The willow is wonderful and looks great but easy clean up has its place too!

Thanks for telling us of this sale!
                          Jay

Comment

on another page of their site they say:

Min. Orders: $50 net minimum order. (Special/Custom
                            orders may be higher.) A $10.00 handling
                            fee will be added to all orders below $50.

Wonder if I can get out of that 10 dollar handling fee? I think I'll order 10 pcs.

Christo
                            My oven progress -
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                            sigpic

Comment

I received my baskets last night and most of them look brand new. The only "damage" is a couple of nicks in the plastic on the outside of the baskets (like where they got whacked with sharp metal somehow). But in no way will it affect them.

They are heavy duty - at least 1/8 inch thick and stiff plastic. Look like they will last a lifetime. These look like a great investment.

I am almost willing to bet that even wet doughs will release pretty easily from them - better than from willow or linen. You have used them. What do you think, Dutch?

And again, thanks for telling us Dutch! These are GREAT! I may have to order some of the other sizes!

Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X