Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and looking for grain Mills in CT

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and so far the information on here has been an incredible resource.

I'm starting a little bread bakery with a wood fire oven in CT, and trying to source local ingredients as much as possible. I have a source of Hard Red Spring Wheat but so far no place to mill it. I am wondering if anyone knows of a mill in CT or MA where I could grind grain. Thanks for the help!

Re: Hello and looking for grain Mills in CT

That's a tough one: Connecticut really isn't the heartland of the grain industry anymore. It might be worth a call to this place, from Thomas Register:
    Starch Grinding Mills Suppliers serving Connecticut
    Displaying: 1 to 1 out of 1 result
    Entoleter LLC - Hamden, CT
    Manufacturer
    Company Profile: Mills Use Centrifugal Impact Energy To Pulverize & Deagglomerate Dry Powders & Slurries. Applications Include Foods, Chemical Processing, Pharmaceuticals & Corn Wet Milling
    They might know where to send you. My idle guess would be that central Pennsylvania would be the closest spot with an actual grain mill.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Re: Hello and looking for grain Mills in CT

We mill our own for use at home. We use a rather noisy and ironically named "Whisper Mill," but my parents have a stone mill. I don't know if you would wear one out using it commercially, but you might want to look into it.
      Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

Working...
      X