Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roasted Artichokes

Anyone tried these in your oven?

I bought some at the market and found a recipe. Basically a marinade of olive oil and garlic and then toss them on the open coals. Burn the outside and steam the insides....

I'm doing about 8 so if you have any advice I'd be happy to know your experience. We've had them here in a restaruant so I'm trying them at home this weekend.

Thanks, Jim
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Roasted Artichokes

These turned out great.

We used 8 smaller artichokes....should have bought more. You want them to be closed on the top...that's what the old spanish lady in the market told me.

Trim the stems, cut the top 1/4 or so off the top. They were then stuffed with a marinade of wine, garlic, olive oil and citris. Worked the mixture down well into the artichoke head. This will help in the steaming of the insides.

I spread out the fire coals and just tossed them on top. Then proceeded to turn them periodically for about 1/2 hour (the recipe called for 1 hour but I think our coals were pretty hot and the artichokes a little smaller). They looked like a burnt offering to the gods but once you got inside they were great.

You peel off the outer burnt leaves, eat the lower part of subsequent leaves between your teeth and then have the artichoke heart as the finale.

delicious.....
    Last edited by Xabia Jim; 01-02-2007, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Re: Roasted Artichokes

Our friends just sent us their picture of the artichokes before cooking and it's a better shot. The marinade is stuffed into the leaves and you can see the garlic on top.

Next time we'll look for the bigger ones since the outer leaves are sacrificed to the fire gods.

Comment

Working...
      X