X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classic cauliflower recipe

Hi,
    I am great fond of cauliflower.
    Anybody having easy recipe with cauliflower?
    please feel free to reply.

Re: classic cauliflower recipe

I love cauliflower, but I will admit that it can be a bit bland. Of course, this makes it a good base for sauces and toppings (steamed cauliflower topped with Welsh Rarebit is great winter comfort food). However, a few years ago I discovered the following in the New York Times weekly food mailing, and it has become my "default" califlower recipe.

Roast Cauliflower

1 small to medium cauliflower, trimmed and sliced about 1 cm thick
    EVO to coat
    Sea salt, or whatever coarse salt you have (not table salt)
    Coarse ground black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (no reason you couldn't cook this in a WFO). Place cauliflower in a large mixing bowl and pour on enough EVO to coat ( a few tablespoons should do it). Season generously with salt and pepper and toss until well and evenly coated. Don't worry if it breaks apart a bit - it will all get eaten.

2. Lay cauliflower pieces on a baking sheet. Drizzle the remaining oil from the bowl on top. Bake, turning once, until tender and lightly caramelized on the edges - about 25 to 30 minutes.

3. Serve warm or at room temperature as a side dish. You can also sprinkle it with a good aged (balsamic) vinegar. Or, cut it into florets and small pieces and add to salads.

That's it: could hardly be easier, or tastier. If you like garlic (and who doesn't?), try tossing a few coarsely chopped cloves in step #1. Baking is science, cooking is art - improvise!
    Un amico degli amici.

Comment

I microwave a whole Cauliflower the the core removed in a covered dish with a few Tbs water in it for about 9 minutes. Then mix mayo with curry powder and slather over the top, re-cover and nuke 2 more minutes. Its not from a WFO but its good

Comment

This is one of my favorite cauliflower dishes. I am doing it by memory but there really is not much to it.

Cut the cauliflower in to florets the size you like, put them in a bake ware dish (13x9 Pyrex or whatever you have). Slice a couple of cloves of garlic, add that to the pan along with the juice of a lemon. More or less lemon depending on your taste. Mix it all together and bake it for 7 minutes, take it out and mix up everything in the pan, put it back in the oven for another 7 minutes. So a total of about 15 minutes at 500 degrees. It is a great recipe and good for you, there is so much more flavor when you roast veggies. If I forgot anything from the recipe I will add it later this week.

Enjoy.

Loren

Comment

I forgot to mention the Olive Oil in the recipe. Add a couple of tablespoons when you are mixing everything together.

We got this recipe from the Food Network, Episode # EE2D18.

Happy New Year!

Loren

Comment

See, the folks on this site are very cordial. They have given Girdhar the benefit of doubt and have provided what s/he has asked for even though the first two posts don't really pass the smell test of someone who is thinking of building a wood fired oven.

Comment

I make a variation on Loren's recipe

I place the cauliflower in the baking dish (which has a tight fitting lid)
              with salt and pepper I toast the garlic in a generous amount of oil then pour the hot oil and garlic over the cauliflower. Then I put the lid on and prepare whatever else we are having for dinner the cauliflower steams in the pot only with the heat of the oil. Hard to overcook it this way.

Comment

Originally posted by jengineer View Post
                See, the folks on this site are very cordial. They have given Girdhar the benefit of doubt and have provided what s/he has asked for even though the first two posts don't really pass the smell test of someone who is thinking of building a wood fired oven.
                Not only that, but cauliflower? Mmmm..... that's my idea of "good eats"!
                G.
                GJBingham
                -----------------------------------
                Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

thank you all of you very much for posting such nice recipe.
                  I tried recipe by alfredo and loren and it is liked by all from my family thanks again.

Comment

You are welcome Girdhar, I am glad you enjoyed it. I just made the dish again a couple of nights ago, it is one of my favorites.

Loren

Comment

Working...
                    X