Green Cabbage Parcels (Wirzwickel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Cabbage Parcels (Wirzwickel)

This is one of our favourites, which I made in the WFO for the first time today...

Its great for if you have left oven risotto (or any other rice for that matter, just add more wine and cheese in taht case)

Cook 6 large green cabbage leaves for one minute in boiling water. Wrap one large spoon risotto (made with plenty of rose wine and some gruyere cheese) in each leaf and place them an oven form. Sprinkle with more gruyere and cover with bechamele sauce (also made with plenty of rose wine). Bake in the oven until its all bubbly and the cheese on top starts going golden brown - say 1/2 hour at around 220 C.
    "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Re: Green Cabbage Parcels (Wirzwickel)

That looks absolutely YUMMY! WTG, Frances.

Comment

I love it! Can't wait to try that. I have some Gruyere cheese, thats a start.

Comment

Very nice. It looks like a nice reason to make a little extra risotto. :-) I can definitely see how this would come out nicely in a moderate wood-fired oven. Puffy, with a deep brown crust.

Sorry about the Swiss football team. Ouch.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

This looks great! At last, something to do with leftover risotto!
          ------------------------
          "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

Comment

That looks like it would be like a Chinese sticky rice ball...love 'em!
            Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Mount each of those cabbage balls onto a 1/2 blanched tomato before you put on the cheeses. You could even put some bread crumbs from a fine grade bread surounding the tomatoes.

Yes going to make the cabbage balls also.

--mr.jim
              --mr.jim
              ---------------------------------------------------------------
              The real art of conversation is not only to say the correct thing at the right time, but also to leave
              unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Frances,

The NY Times stole your recipe today! Although they use chard rather than cabbage.

Check it out -- New York Times Video. It's Mark Bittman, the Minimalist, and the recipe comes from Nice in Provence. You should sue.

James
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

hi

just my two centsbumpIt was the silliest incident that brought Nannette into my life.buy wow gold, I had been in my local supermarket and spent more than I should. When I reached the checkout girl I remarked, wow gold jokingly, that my money was all gone after I had paid for all the articles. On my way out through the main doors a girl suddenly appeared and asked me, wow gold that if I was really short of cash, she was willing to lend me some maple story mesos, in order for me to get home. I was very surprised and she was a rather attractive looking girl maple story mesos. Now, as it was hardly an everyday experience, maple story mesos having a gorgeous girl appear out of thin air and offer me money. maple story gold ,maple story power leveling

Comment

My, my... that was entertaining!

Comment

Working...
                    X