Thanksgiving Menu Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Menu Ideas

Would love to hear from those who have or are planning to do your favorite style bird and sides in your wood buning oven.

Am partuclarly intersted in any recipes you are going to do in your wb oven, time, hearth temp, etc.

thanks

Gratin potatoes

I can start the ball rolling.

I would do traditional, french style gratin potatoes. Nothing but potatoes, onions, cream, butter, gruyere and parmesan. I'm not saying it's good for you, but it tastes great. I wouldn't add stock, milk or wine. Stick with the good stuff.

You might saute everything in a pan on top of your oven, then pour it into a terracotta dish with a cover. Take the cover off at the endn to brown.

With ingredients like that, and wood-fired oven, you can't go wrong.

There are a number of recipes in the forum on Turkey -- use the search button to see other postings on that.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I'm not sure my oven will be ready - but I will cook it in some form of a brick oven!! maybe staked bricks with a sheet metal roof - but we will be cooking!

I have used the method of soaking the turkey for 24 hours in a brine w/herbs for the last couple of years. They have yielded the most tasty and moist turkeys I have ever had. There are plenty of recipies on the internet, but I think Alton Brown on Foodtv.com has a good one.

With all the soaking, I think this would lend itself to wood oven baking very well.

I'll be documenting it....

Christo
      My oven progress -
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X