Optimum Thickness - Rump Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimum Thickness - Rump Steak

I am looking to get the butcher to cut me some rump steak to cook on the Tuscan grill. What is the optimum thickness to cut them to for best results?

I am guessing around 35 - 40 mm - but this may be too thick.

Any suggestions welcomed....

Thanks
    / Rossco

Re: Optimum Thickness - Rump Steak

OK - I think I have the answer to my question. Today the butcher cut me 40mm rum steaks (at my request). Cranked up the Tuscan grill this evening and the results were the BEST steak I have tasted yet. It was almost like the Wagu beef that you pay a premium for. I didn't even need a sauce to go with it it was so tasty.

For my Aussie countrymen in Perth - get over to Woolworths and grab some of their prime rump - selling on special for only $9.50 /kg. They will cut it how you want it too.
    / Rossco

Comment

Managed to get another 2 kg of this fantastic steak so am firing up the oven again tonight.

So far the tally is: last Friday night, Sunday lunch, Tuesday night and now tonight (Wednesday) again.

May have to sell my other cooking appliances soon as the WFO oven becomes more addictive....
      / Rossco

Comment

damn that looks good

its giving me an idea for the boxing day test.....now all i have to do is make a rack/grill for my oven

Comment

Working...
        X