Suckling Pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suckling Pig

I am planning to roast my first Suckling Pig...10-12 kilos... oven one meter wide. I am doing it for my 84 year old mother, who remembers the suckling pigs of her youth, when she was a refugee in Spain..... the one thing she is dreaming about is crispy skin .... no pressure!
    Can anyone give me advice about: length of time in the oven, starting at what temperature, and any tricks and tips would be so gratefully accepted.
    I have had my oven a few months, it is heavily insulated, retains heat incredibly if very hot in the first place... Thank you to any who reads this, or replies... keen cook....

Hello

Look at these threads:
    here
    here
    here

You will see 'Search' in the darkly shaded bar in the first block under the header above. These are from a search, using 'roast pig' as the search term.
    Last edited by Lburou; 06-23-2011, 02:31 PM.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: Suckling Pig

Thank you. I hadn't seen that search forno bravo ...very helpful. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by keen cook View Post
        Thank you. I hadn't seen that search forno bravo ...very helpful. thank you.
        Its my pleasure. Be sure to post some pictures as you do this pig roast
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I trie dto post photos before but couldn't do it. I will try again after the feast!

Comment

Working...
          X