Home Depot Sale on Kingsford Charcoal 6/30/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot Sale on Kingsford Charcoal 6/30/2011

In many of the southern california Home Depot store circulars they are advertising two 20lb bags of Kingsford Charcoal briquets (regular) for $7.97. That's 40 lbs for less than $8. Check homedepot.com for your zip code.

John

Re: Home Depot Sale on Kingsford Charcoal 6/30/2011

I got 6 bags of the stuff for my Weber smoker, for around $50.

Comment

Yep, that's a "smoking" deal....heh, heh, heh.

Lowes has a similar deal this weekend too. Two for one price on the Kingsford 16lb bags.

Lump charcoal leaves a lot less ash than briquettes so clean-up is easier. The trade-off is that it is hard to find at a comparable low price as the HD and Lowe's sale. Best price locally for lump is Costco and Sam's 40lbs for roughly $14.00.

Cheers,
      Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

The Lowes deal is good, but you end up with 8 fewer pounds for the same money.

I like to grill with lump, but for slow cooking in my smoker where cleanup is less of a problem, I'm blue bag K all the way.

...That should be their slogan!

Stan

Comment

Did kingsford change there formulation recently? We bought from home depot and the bag said "new improved formula" or some such thing, and both the wife and I noticed a distinct lighter fluid taste despite the fact it wasn't matchlight, and we don't use fluid. Really hoping it was just a bad bag, as that is all that is available around here.
          Patrick

"It is never to late for a happy childhood"
          -Robin Williams

Comment

Patrick,

I know they changed it by 2010 for a Clorox-wide green initiative. I've never noticed a ligher fluid taste though. I know they smoke like crazy while initially igniting (I'm fairly sure it's the sawdust), but I've never noticed any weird chemical smells or tastes, despite those things being railed at K from time to time. Definitely no petrochemicals, as there aren't any in the briqs.

I will say that when they get hot they're flavor-neutral to me. And I don't get bent out of shape about additives either. After seeing (in my WFO) the temperatures necessary to burn up K additives, I know there's just no way my grill is ever getting that hot.

Stan

Comment

For those of us in the Phoenix Metro area, you can always find lump mesquite at Food City for about $14 per 40 lb bag! now that is a smokin deal

CW
              Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Working...
              X