Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flammkuchen

Hi!

We received this delicious recipe from one of our customers and wanted to share this with our forum family.

Enjoy!

-Flammkuchen, or tarte flambee in French, is an Alastion / German pizza in which the normal tomato sauce is replaced with creme fraiche and the crust is made very thin to the point of being almost cracker like after cooking.

Cr?me fraiche can be difficult to find and it is usually rather expensive then. It can however be made very easily, with a bit of preplanning. All that is needed is heavy whipping cream, preferably not ultrapasteurized, though it can be used in a pinch, and a souring agent such as buttermilk, sour cream or plain yogurt. Better than a pint can be made with a pint of heavy whipping cream and a quarter cup of the souring agent. Mix well a couple few days ahead of time and leave out in a covered container at room temperature. You may stir it a couple of times a day until it thickens to a consistency of yogurt. After refrigeration, it will thicken more. It keeps refrigerated a long time.

Make the usual pizza dough but form it as thin as you without tearing it. Spread the cr?me fraishe over the dough as like a pizza. Cover with very thinly sliced white onions and thinly sliced smoked bacon that has been cubed. Salt and pepper to taste and cook like a pizza.

Re: Flammkuchen

Sounds very interesting sweet, smoky salty and rich. Almost state fair food if you could deep fry it and put it on a stick it would be perfect.

Chip
    Chip

Comment

Re: Flammkuchen

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
      Sounds very interesting sweet, smoky salty and rich. Almost state fair food if you could deep fry it and put it on a stick it would be perfect.

Chip
      Homer? Is that you?
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
      X