Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baking pig in wood oven. Asking for tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking pig in wood oven. Asking for tips.

Hi, all
    I found a lot of information about roasting pig indoors, digging a big hole, using a china box or even a BBQ. However, in my today bird eye reading, I did not found that I was looking for, which is baking a pig in a wood oven.
    In matter of fact, a long time ago I saw several little pigs of nearly 20 pounds each, being dead, prepared and baked in a wood oven, all in the same day, to be commercialized.
    The pigs had as little rest as a couple of hours between being sacrificed and baked.
    Of course, they look succulent and they could be, since the farmer did bake to live.
    However, I am not sure that this type of baking is the one that could give the best results and taste.
    Could you people, to give me some tips and / or tricks to bake a little pig in a wood oven?
    Meaning how to prepare the pig, seasoning, resting time, cooking temperature, moistening, time in the oven and side plates.
    As always, thanks you all in this forum.

Luis

Re: Baking pig in wood oven. Asking for tips.

Luis...take a look at my posting for the Cochinillo (suckling pig) we did at Christmas.

We are going to order one for next week and do it again. We will tie the legs together better and let it cook longer.

I think "low and slow" will give you the best results.

Good luck!

(PS We had 1/2 roasted then the bones were stripped for a great BBQ pork sandwich and boiled to make a nice soup stock)

XJ
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Re: Baking pig in wood oven. Asking for tips.

keep it moist

Comment

Working...
      X