Oven Roasted Lamb Shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven Roasted Lamb Shoulder

We have been doing roast lamb leg and shoulders in the WFO....

The lamb is marinated ahead of time in a olive oil and wine emulsion done with garlic, rosemary and thyme......blend them in a food processor?..marinading overnight in a plastic bag has worked for us. The initial lamb cut can be pierced with a knife and garlic slices inserted.....as to your liking.

We place it flat in a terracotta dish and turn it once while roasting. Use a slower oven of about 350 degrees for about an hour and a half to two hours. I often throw in some whole gloves of garlic and serve them with the lamb. Some small wood is on the side burning for smoke flavor and throw some fresh rosemary branches on the coals.

The rosemary adds some spice to the air for ambience ....and the food.

Good eating....
    Jim

(The Lamb was a bit ahead of the potatoes so we pulled it, put it in one dish and covered with a blanket for 1/2 hour....it rested nicely!)
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Oven Roasted Lamb Shoulder

Jim, thanks for the link to over here...

The legs we have weigh in at 5lbs, or 2.2kgs... I would ordinarily roast one of those at that weight for anything up to about four or five hours, perhaps a tad longer...

... are the legs you refer to a bit smaller than mine? 1.5 - 2 hours appears insufficient for my leg of lamb, certainly at that temperature.

Comment

Re: Oven Roasted Lamb Shoulder

Puy

I think these are about the same size, should have put weight on original post!

We do not like the lamb too well done so the time was probably fine. You might want to cut into your lamb or use a probe to make sure it's the way you like it.

This was for a shoulder too, which was thinner and would cook quicker. I also do them with the fire in place so there is the radiant grilling factor too!

Enjoy....this is one of our favorites!
      Jim
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Working...
      X