Vertical chicken goes upmarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical chicken goes upmarket

Check out these two photos. It looks like vertical chicken is catching on and going up market. Gone is the beer can, replaced with a nice steel can that can hold wine. Plus, it has a built-in base to catch the dripping. I think it will get hot and sizzle, and it will keep your oven floor clean.

Despite the fact that I will miss the rustic vertical chicken stand (and the beer can), I think we should switch and add this to the FB Store. Sigh.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Vertical chicken goes upmarket

For all the cooking I have done, I have never tried this vertical chicken thing. It seems to go against the tradition of a tightly trussed chicken for roasting...What is your experience?

Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

The chicken is great. The combination of the steam of your brick oven and the steam from the stand below is just right. You can give it a dry rub, and cover it with foil -- and as Robert noted, you can't seem to over do it. It's alway moist. My wife (and her sister) are incredibly aware of slightly underdone chicken (even when it isn't), and this pleases them.

My memory is that a number of members have tried it.

Other experiences?

James
      Last edited by james; 04-02-2007, 12:42 PM.
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

You could put an opened half filled can of beer inside the chicken and close the ?neck hole? using an inverted half lemon over it.
        If you are a garlic lover, will be good to smash several units and let them in the can with the beer.
        You try, you like it!

Luis

Comment

Working...
        X