• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gugahulk
    replied
    Re: Smoke Ring on Baby Back Ribs

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
    G'day
    A wood fired ovens great for low and slow. It will hold those low temps for hours. As for smoke at those low temps. No. You need oxygen for smoke, crack the insulated door and you loss that heat.
    I have a wood fired oven, a mini WSM, and a weber Q200. They are each great for the tasks that suit best.
    Regards dave
    So basically what you are saying is WFO is not a good smoker at all? I hope other members think other wise as This is the first thing I will be trying to do on the oven. I will be insulating my oven to the extreme so I hope it will hold temp good.

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied
    Re: Smoke Ring on Baby Back Ribs

G'day
    A wood fired ovens great for low and slow. It will hold those low temps for hours. As for smoke at those low temps. No. You need oxygen for smoke, crack the insulated door and you loss that heat.
    I have a wood fired oven, a mini WSM, and a weber Q200. They are each great for the tasks that suit best.
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• gugahulk
    started a topic Smoke Ring on Baby Back Ribs

Smoke Ring on Baby Back Ribs

Hi Guys, I am a big smoker fan. I am able to produce a perfect baby back on my Brazilian BBQ. However takes a lot of work and effort. I was wondering if anyone had great success on baby back ribs on the WFO. if so were you ever able to produce a smoke ring on it? let me know. Look forward to replies.
Working...
X