Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions on a chicken dish that can cook at pizza temps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions on a chicken dish that can cook at pizza temps?

I've got a group coming over for pizzas tonight, but one of them doesn't eat pizza. Any suggestions on a chicken dish I can cook at pizza temperatures? I was thinking something like a tandoori chicken, or maybe breast or thighs in a cast-iron skillet with wine and olives. Can't stop the production of pizzas to let the oven cool, but would like to take advantage of the medium for the non-pizza dish. Suggestions or tips most welcome!
    my work in progress:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/phot...dex.php?u=1031

One of my favourites is roasted mushrooms which can be cooked at any temperature. Pull the stalks from some cup mushrooms and place them in a baking pan or tray then fill them with whatever you fancy. I like bacon and feta. Just pop them in until they're looking good. The mushrooms will relax a little, release their juices while the bacon goes crispy and the feta starts to melt a little and browns on the top. Juicy and delicious and oh so easy to prepare. Sometimes I finely dice the mushroom stalks to add to the filling mix.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks, David. Sounds great! I've done stuffed mushrooms, too, a few times, and agree, they are wonderful. I've decided to go with a simple tandoori style chicken skewers today, thinking that if anything mimics the high temp of a WFO at pizza temp, a tandoori oven would. So I've got some chicken marinating in a yoghurt base, and i'll post back with the results.
      my work in progress:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/phot...dex.php?u=1031

Comment

Try putting the chicken pieces on metal skewers (the metal skewers tend to help cook the chicken from the inside), lay them flat over a baking dish. I looked for a photo of it but can't find it.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
        X