Announcement

Collapse

Forum Restore

If you’re a frequent visitor of the forum, you may have noticed that several new posts are missing from the past week. The team team was informed of an issue in the code and had to restore our forum to fix the issue. We thank you for continuing to be a part of the WFO community and enhancing the experiment of everyone in it.
See more
See less

Any suggestions on a chicken dish that can cook at pizza temps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions on a chicken dish that can cook at pizza temps?

I've got a group coming over for pizzas tonight, but one of them doesn't eat pizza. Any suggestions on a chicken dish I can cook at pizza temperatures? I was thinking something like a tandoori chicken, or maybe breast or thighs in a cast-iron skillet with wine and olives. Can't stop the production of pizzas to let the oven cool, but would like to take advantage of the medium for the non-pizza dish. Suggestions or tips most welcome!
    my work in progress:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/phot...dex.php?u=1031

One of my favourites is roasted mushrooms which can be cooked at any temperature. Pull the stalks from some cup mushrooms and place them in a baking pan or tray then fill them with whatever you fancy. I like bacon and feta. Just pop them in until they're looking good. The mushrooms will relax a little, release their juices while the bacon goes crispy and the feta starts to melt a little and browns on the top. Juicy and delicious and oh so easy to prepare. Sometimes I finely dice the mushroom stalks to add to the filling mix.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks, David. Sounds great! I've done stuffed mushrooms, too, a few times, and agree, they are wonderful. I've decided to go with a simple tandoori style chicken skewers today, thinking that if anything mimics the high temp of a WFO at pizza temp, a tandoori oven would. So I've got some chicken marinating in a yoghurt base, and i'll post back with the results.
      my work in progress:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/phot...dex.php?u=1031

Comment

Try putting the chicken pieces on metal skewers (the metal skewers tend to help cook the chicken from the inside), lay them flat over a baking dish. I looked for a photo of it but can't find it.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
        X