Wood fired rabbit (Cognilio al forno)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood fired rabbit (Cognilio al forno)

I actually came across a couple of photos and thought id post a rabbit recipe id done.

I wont go into too much details but i basically did the following:

* Soaked rabbit in milk (30min) to remove game taste so its ready to accept my fresh ingredients.
    * Rubbed rabbit with extra virgin olive oil & salt (sea salt is fine).
    * Cut up 1 large onion (brown or white are usually fine) and some potatoes (brown)
    * Added some pepper, oregano and my home made sauce mix (cuccio marro) which has a whole heap of ingredients which i wont even bother going into hehe
    * Tossed everything together and drizzled a little more olive oil over the top
    * Put into the oven (covered) for about 2-3hours on slow temp (i think it was around 160-180 degrees, the last 10min or so i take off the foil to let it soak the juice (that also thickens which can leave you a very nice gravy) then let it rest for a few min (the bigger the beast the more time i leave it).

Sorry about the finished product pics but for some reason its hard to snap 1 away since everyone sorta jumps into too quick.

Hope you enjoy

click on pics to enlarge

Regards
    Adrian

Re: Wood fired rabbit (Cognilio al forno)

Looks great we be around for supper at 8 pm is that OK, we love rabbit and hare, my daughter would rather eat it to chicken.
    Mick&Karin Blake Karmic Aviaries, Sculptor,Potter www.karmicaviaries.comThere is only one God,Only One life so live it to the full,no regrets as you are dead a long time" Mick Blake

Comment

Re: Wood fired rabbit (Cognilio al forno)

Originally posted by Mountian Mick View Post
      Looks great we be around for supper at 8 pm is that OK, we love rabbit and hare, my daughter would rather eat it to chicken.
      Mick if cooked properly game meat is always more tastier then domestic meats.
      Regards
      Adrian

Comment

Working...
      X