Rotisserie Chicken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotisserie Chicken?

I have had a few goes at cooking rotisserie chicken with mixed results.
    Has anyone got a method they want to share?
    I found out it is quite easy to overcook the chicken if the oven is to hot (obvious) but you need an active fire to crisp the skin.

I've cooked a few chickens in my oven. A few times I've put the chicken in a dutch oven controlling the skin browning by putting the lid on and taking it off. I also cooked one the other night setting it on
    a rack with a pan underneath loaded with vegetables to catch the drippings. I've not tried the "rotisserie" method but would like to. But in answer to your question, I find if the oven is around 250-300 degrees
    (more towards the 250 degree) that works well. Low temp and cooking slow (longer cooking time) works best, I find.
    John

"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"- Churchill

Comment

Thanks John, I made a basic rotisserie last week, it worked so well the first time with a bit of added smoke from some water soaked oak pieces but the last two I tried have been over cooked and tough.
      My fault for not taking any temperatures or timings, I am going to have another go tomorrow at a lower temp.....

Comment

Let me describe shortly how I make red wine pot roast at home:
        1. Make a seasoning mix of the following ingredients: smoked paprika, onion and garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red wine.
        2. Next rub the mixture on top of the meat and leave for 1 hour in the fridge.
        3. Roast the meat for not more than 1 hour and 20 minutes at 165 degrees F. At this point, you have to be really careful because it could be less than one hour.

You can cook rotisserie chicken following the recipe I described with a lower temperature and less roasting time.

Last edited by JRPizza; 12-06-2022, 09:31 AM. Reason: Edited to remove commercial link

Comment

My mom makes the best rotisserie chicken. Her recipe is pretty simple as she only uses a whole chicken, olive oil and seasonings.

Comment

Getting that perfect balance of juicy inside and crispy skin can be a bit of a dance, right? I've found that patience is key – low and slow for that juicy tenderness, then a burst of heat for that golden crispiness. Oven temp control is an art!

Anyone else got some rotisserie wisdom to share? Let's swap tips and tricks!
            Last edited by JRPizza; 02-11-2024, 05:05 PM. Reason: Edited to remove commercial link

Comment

Working...
            X