Smoking in a WFO.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smoking in a WFO.....

I found this thread after getting some inspiration from Dino's recent creations that involved smoke & seasoning.

I was given what looks like 1/2 of Australia's supply of rosemary by a colleague at work today (something about "pruning" her hedge). I like to use it on a starter pizza I make but this batch seems a bit dry for that so I thought of maybe soaking it in water then popping it in the WFO as smoking fuel. Anyone use rosemary for smoking?

Perhaps I should use a combination of hickory and rosemary? Suggestions welcomed...

Thanks

Rossco
    / Rossco

Comment

Hi Guys,
      Just thought I would drop a quick one and say that I had my first smoking on the weekend!!! Turned out really good! I fired up the oven and let the heat die down to about 220 C and threw in a heap of potatos, carrots, onions and pumpkin. After about 45 mins of so, I had some left over Bankshia that I split up into small pieces and put them onto the coals and watched as they started to smolder. I then put on the door and left them for another 45 mins. When I came back and opened up the door, the wood was still smoking away (the oven was packed full of smoke!!) and all the vegies were all done. The taste of the potatos was unbeliveable!!!! All the vegies were fantastic!! Will have to try some propper smoking chips next time and see how it turns out!!

Comment

I threw one tiny stick of oak on the coals that were still in there simply to envision what would happen and it took concerning halfway through the cooking time before it started smoking.
        Herbal Vaporizers | Re-chargeable Vaporizers | Corded Vaporizers

Comment

Working...
        X