Souvla.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Souvla.

My Mum makes souvla in our oven at home. It works awesome.. She Frankenstiened together some parts from a battery powered home spit roaster and had the old man knock up an iron holster which sits in the back of the oven. Hey presto. Lambalicious. Anyone thought of spit roasting in their oven?

Rotisserie in brick oven

I know you can do it, but I have never done rotisserie in a brick oven. Anyone tried it?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

You spin me round round, baby right round...

I have never had lamb chops like lamb chops cooked slowly over coals on a rotisserie. Generously marinated, meticulously basted, they blacken almost immediately, locking in the moistness and flavor. Occasionaly at home we'll do them in the oven, but since our oven is so big, and is only fired for functions, we have a dedicated souvla barbeque for family purpouses. I've been trying to locate a suitable rotisserie unit to modify for the oven I'm building, but my producer has told me to finish the oven before dreaming of food. But the lamb... It haunts me in my sleep... Must.. Have.. Lamb.. Chops...
      Last edited by redbricknick; 05-22-2006, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Slow Cooking

I think that it is the slow cooking that makes all the difference.
        We do not have lamb on our tiny tropical island, but we do have
        goats. I am planning on roasting part of one before I leave and
        go back to the USA.
        JJ
        Philippines

Comment

I had spit roasted goat in Italy at the Buca di Sant'Antonio in Lucca.

It was one of the best things I ate on the whole trip!! Here are some reviews
          Wow was that tasty...

Drake

My Oven Thread:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Working...
          X