Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slow Cooked Rib Strips

Ribs sounds really great...

Keen to hear how the hearth bread goes - should be very tasty with the overnight biga.

Just about to start cooking 12 pizzas - made a batch of dough this morning that has stayed very firm so I expect good results. I did 6 mins autoloyse and 6 mins kneading ... so new "minimalist" approach.

There's the doorbell ... look forward to seeing pics tomorrow!!
    / Rossco

Comment

Ribs turned out really good!!! Slow cooked for 7 hours along with potatos cooked for 4 hours in butter and garlic. The Ciabatta turned out really good too. Didnt realise how much of a 'heavy' bread it is. But it had great bubbles through the bread and worked well with our dips. I wish I could upload more pics...but there are too big (2.1 Mb) Next time I have to look at my camera and reduce the quality a bit. The one pic I did manage to get on is the ribs just before a I put them in to burn off some fat. Love them!!

Scott

Comment

Wow nice meaty ribs!!!

Sounds like you had a good cooking session overall...

My activities in contrast were dismal!!

BTW did you use the door when making the ciabatta??
        / Rossco

Comment

No Rossco..I didnt use the door. About 40 mins to go with the ribs I started a small fire on the side of the oven and waited till it got a small bit of heat going (cooking the ribs at about 120-150C so only needed a little more heat to get to 220C). When it died down a bit, I threw them in and 20 mins later...all done!!

Comment

Ha ... you are making me feel hungry just thinking about them now!!!
            / Rossco

Comment

Hey Rossco,
              I managed to get one more photo on. Its the final stage of the ribs....started a small fire to do the ciabatta and to finsh of the ribs.

Comment

Wow - nice pic Scott. Looks like a real feast!!!
                / Rossco

Comment

When we do ribs we cube up some potatoes and place them into a baking dish sprinkled liberally with fresh rosemary, then place a cake rack over the baking dish onto which is placed the marinated ribs. We then slow roast this with the door in place. Works well for us.
                  Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Sounds great David!! With the weather starting to turn on this side, I think it may be time for some more ribs. This time I think I am going to cook them as I normally do for the 1st half and then smoke them for the last few hours and see how that turns out. When I do it, will make sure I get some photos done over the whole cook and more of the final product before we inhale the meal!!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X