Marguerita Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marguerita Pizza

My wife stopped at our local Italian store and picked up some fresh mozzerella and San Marzano's. I pulled a few caputo balls from the freezer and let them rise on the counter all day. (100% Caputo, 65% water, 1% salt & .5% IDY) Chopped the tomatoes finely and sliced the mozz. When the pies were done, I drizzled some olive oil and fresh basil and then held it in the oven for a few seconds. Here are the results:

I also roasted some fresh from the garden jalapenos. I had to try a few and they were fantastic. The rest will get frozen until the rest of my veges come in for making salsa.

Re: Marguerita Pizza

Nice looking pie. The 65% hydration crust has aways worked for me. Everybody loves it. However the glass on the left looked like it needed a refill.

Did you get any smoke on your jalepenos to be able to call them chipotles?

Comment

Originally posted by roobqn View Post
      Nice looking pie. The 65% hydration crust has aways worked for me. Everybody loves it. However the glass on the left looked like it needed a refill.

Did you get any smoke on your jalepenos to be able to call them chipotles?
      Thanks! The hydration and long rise on the counter make the dough very workable. My wife noticed the same thing about the glass. (since it was hers) I don't think I'll be able to call these chipotles. They were only in the oven for about 2 minutes before the skins charred.

Comment

Those pies look great! I am experimenting with different hydration levels and have a batch of 60% and 70% proofing now. I also love fresh jalapenos from my garden cooked in the oven. The peppers seem to love the high temperatures.
        My WFO project: http://picasaweb.google.com/stevprin/WFOSmallPhotos#

Comment

Working...
        X