What a great day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great day!

Sunday, October 8, 2006. Up at 5:00 AM, ran the Army Ten Miler in DC. Home at 10:30. Fired up the oven at 11:30. Tapped Keg at noon. Hosted a party of 13 people, made 13 pizzas over the next several hours. Not a single slice was left over when the last guests left at 6:00 (but happily, half of the keg is left!).

Using residual heat from the pizzas, I baked some chicken and an apple crisp.

I was more or lesss on my feet from 5 AM until 6 PM. I didn't have time to take a shower from the run until 8:00 PM.

What a blast. Can't wait to do it again.

Cheers,

- Fio
    There is nothing quite so satisfying as drinking a cold beer, while tending a hot fire, in an oven that you built yourself, and making the best pizza that your friends have ever had.

calorie deficit

Nothing like a nice long run to get you ready for a feast. And is there any better food after that run than pizza and beer? My fabulous wife bought me a "kegerator" fridge about six months ago in which she keeps a keg of beer from her father's excellent microbrewery. Life is good. I just have to get back on track with long runs on Tuesday - my day off. It's become our pizza night.

Comment

Working...
    X