• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanuckJim
    replied
    Music

Jamie,

Good to hear the Canadian names of Cohen and Mitchell, makes me feel warm as winter approaches. Wasn't familiar with Madeline's music; now I am, thanks. Personally, and like Frankie G from NorCal, I'm a blues guy when baking or cooking. Sometimes, it's the old stuff: Son House, Blind Willie McTell, Mississippi John Hurt. Sometimes, it's the new stuff: Mark Knopfler, Sonny Landreth, Alvin Youngblood Hart. You get the idea. Gets me rockin while I'm mixin.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• groovewithjamie
    started a topic Music to listen while cooking

Music to listen while cooking

I love to cook Italian food, and I love to listen to music while I cook. I was looking for some new music and recently came across Madeleine Peyroux's new album at umgd. In her previous albums she sounded very much like Billie Holiday. However, in "Half the Perfect World" she has definitely a more individual style, nontheless keeping her blues roots. Has anyone here heard about her? She writes her own songs as well as doing covers of songs by artists like Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell. Her music really helps me concentrate while I cook...does anyone feel the same? If anyone wants to listen to a few of her songs go on to: ww.madeleinepeyroux.com
Working...
X