Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner

Last night we decided to use the oven for our entire meal. We got recipes from different sources including david s's crab stuffed mushrooms, the forno bravo cook book for potatoes gratin and CanuckJim's ciabatta bread.

First time ever making this bread solo and to make it even more stressfull I did it with the fire in. The larger loaf was slightly underdone, but the smaller one was spot on.

And for the main course a rolled and stuffed flank steak from the book Wood-Fired Cooking: Techniques and Recipes for the Grill, Backyard Oven, Fireplace, and Campfire by Mary Karlin.

Over all a great meal, next time need to watch the meat a bit closer as it was done well.
    Last edited by roobqn; 09-11-2010, 06:38 PM.

Re: Dinner

Shoot sorry about the technical difficulty with the pictures not being there for most of the week.

Comment

Yum! Thanks for motivating me!
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Nicely done! Coordinating this many elements, especially the bread, for one meal is fantastic.

Comment

can you send me your bread recipe! i have been doing regular whole wheat loafs that come out great, but that looks like some nice tuscan bread...hmm anthonycefalo@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
          X